Expedia Review Policy
What are Reviews?
Reviews are ratings posted by Expedia customers at Expedia’s request. Expedia commissions these Reviews so that Expedia customers can share their thoughts and opinions with other shoppers. By preparing a candid review for Expedia, users help each other research their Dream Vacation.
Suggestions on what to include in your comments:
Be candid and creative. Include examples that might interest other users.
Tell us what you enjoyed and what you didn’t
- What’s the best thing about your travel?
- What was most memorable thing about your travel?
- What could be improved?
Tell about yourself
This helps put your review in context.
- How many people were you traveling with?
- Were you traveling with children or senior citizens?
- You may not use a false login or e-mail address, impersonate any person or entity, or otherwise misrepresent that you wrote your review.
- Constructive criticism is appreciated, so long as it provides meaningful insight as to why the travel was unsatisfactory.
- Photographs can be helpful additions to your review. Please be sure that everyone in the photographs agrees to your including them with your review.
Some of the restrictions on comments
We welcome your constructive thoughts, but some types of comments are not acceptable for Reviews. These include but are not limited to:
- Comments that aren't related to the travel you're reviewing.
- Comments that are clearly misleading or inaccurate.
- Profanity, obscenities, vulgarities, or spiteful comments.
- Hearsay rather than first-hand knowledge.
- Comments -- either positive or negative -- that suggest an ulterior motive.
- Personal information, such as phone numbers, addresses, or e-mail addresses.
- Single-word comments or repetitious word use.
- Product availability, pricing, or URLs for other suppliers.